sábado, 15 de noviembre de 2014

Experiencing finnish education

The other day I had the chance to go to Töölön alakoulu  and know a bit more about finnish well-known education.I teach 3 lessons about Spain to childrens from 10 to 12 years old.



As every child, they had lots of questions to ask and the most amazing thing was how good they behave and how good english they have. In their school they can choose wether they want to have mostly the lessons in finnish or in english. 




It was also really interesting the fact that children always go outside even when it's winter. Talking about it with a Czech and an Austrian students, they told me that in both of their schools they are not allowed to go outside. In Spain we always do it but of course the weather is not comparable. However, I think going outside is a great idea  as everybody needs a bit of fresh air during the day.



After the three lessons I had the chance to eat with the students and also the teacher, what was also surprising for me. What is more, children eat the ammount of food they want to but they are though to be responsible and take just what they can eat. Moreover ther's always a vegetarian choice and what is more a vegetarian day every week.






A familiar school for which teacher are their second mums as they live together in this little family  for a lot of years. That really makes me felt home and I really had a good time while learning a bit more about this amazing country.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario